Are you looking forward to setting up an AIM email for your iOS device, but having trouble with “AIM email settings for iPhone”? Well! This post can help you to figure out the solution. The guide elaborates step-by-step instructions for iPhone AIM email settings. So keep reading, and proceed with the simple guidelines to do the task.
For the AIM Email Settings, you have to type “imap.aim.com” in the “IMAP or POP” incoming server. Also, you are supposed to set the incoming port as “143”. For the SSL (security incoming), you have to type ” done”. For the ” outgoing server” option, you just need to enter “smtp.aim.com”, and set the outgoing port as 25. At last, you need to hit the enter button for the sign-in.
AIM Mail server settings for iPhone: Steps To Follow
- To set up email settings on iPhone, you need to click on the ” settings” option.
- Tap the “Passwords and account” option.
- Proceed further and click on the ” add account” option.
- From the AIM mail application downloaded on your iPhone, click on the listed provider’s name. If the provider name is not available, you can simply tap on the “Others” option.
- After this, you need to click on the “Add mail account” option. Once you click on it, you need to provide the following information. Make sure that you enter the details correctly to avoid any technical trouble.
- Enter your name.
- Provide the AIM email address for the AIM email settings for iPhone, continue by entering the password. Make sure that you choose the password that you can easily remember. You can save the password so you do not face any trouble if you forget it later.
- Describe yourself. You need to enter the personal.
- In the next step, you are supposed to select the “IMAP” option. After that, proceed with providing the details under the ” incoming mail server” option. In the hostname, you need to enter “imap.aim.com” for the AIM email IMAP Settings. After that, enter the correct username and password details.
- Now you have to provide details under the ” outgoing mail server” option for the AIM email SMTP settings. Enter the hostname as “smtp.aim.com”, type password, and once you have submitted all the details, hit the ” next” button.
- Check your email, and hit the “Save” button. Your email account is not successful. In the next step, you need to check and make sure that you have entered the correct settings information.
- Click on the email address, and select the ” advanced” option. Check and make sure that you have correctly filled the following information under the ” incoming server”.
Use SSL ” on”.
Identity check: “Password”.
Server Port: 143.
- Now, get back to the previous screen, and check the details you have entered in the ” outgoing server”. Check the information, you need to click on “smtp.aim.com”.
Use SSL ” on”.
Identity check: “Password”.
Server Port: 25.
- Once you have checked all the information, click on the done button. You can find this button at the top right corner of your screen. Restart your iPhone for the settings activation.
AIM Mail IMAP and SMTP settings: Detailed Description
If the user wants to access their AIM email to an email client, they complete the AIM Mail IMAP and SMTP settings for using the AIM Mail account.
The AIM Mail IMAP settings let the users access AIM mail folders and messages through any email client.
- AIM Mail IMAP server address: “imap.aim.com”.
- AIM IMAP username: enter your AIM email address.
- AIM IMAP password: enter your AIM Mail password.
- IMAP Port number: 993.
- AIM mail IMAP TLS/SSL required: Yes.
AIM Mail SMTP Server settings:
The SMTP server settings are needed to send the email.
- AIM Mail SMTP server address: “smtp.aim.com”.
- AIM SMTP username: enter your AIM email address.
- AIM SMTP password: enter your AIM Mail password.
- SMTP Port number : 587.
- AIM mail SMTP TLS/SSL required: Yes.
Access Your AIM Email Through AIM email POP Setting:
If you want to download all the emails and keep them on your system you can do it with the AIM email POP Settings on your device. Here are the steps you will follow:
- Type “pop.aim.com” for the POP server.
- Enter your AIM email address.
- Enter the password to get connected.
- Tap the Yes option for “POP SSL/TLS” required.
- For POP port, type 995.
- Type “smtp.aim.com” for the outgoing mail server.
- In the SMTP port, type 465.
That’s it, your AIM email settings for iPhone with POP are now completed. Restart your iPhone to apply the settings.
Bihu that after following the above-mentioned instructions, you would be able to complete the AIM email settings for iPhone without any trouble. The provided steps are easy to follow. However, if you are still having a hard time managing the AIM email settings for iPhone, it is recommended to contact the AIM support team and get a piece of expert advice. You can call the professionals at any time of the day as they are available around the clock to help the customers.