If you have a Shortmail account and are wondering how to set it up on your iPhone device, then you’ve come to the right place. Here you will find the steps to perform shortmail setup on iPhone. But before we start with the procedure, let’s learn a little about Shortmail first.
What Is Shortmail?
Shortmail aims to accomplish for email what Twitter did for status updates: keep messages short, concise, and most importantly, up to the point.
All you need to know about Shortmail is that it only allows you to enter 500 characters per email. Shortmail sorts email chains into “conversations” arranged by contact in a left column bar.
The efficacy of this new proprietary business or social network is based on your friends’ willingness to follow a rule: in this example, the 500 character text restriction.
Your pals are not required to use Shortmail, however, to send you an email, they must keep communications concise i.e. within the 500 character limit to avoid being “quarantined.”
Shortmail is a threaded mail that has been simplified, personalised, and condensed. If we all got on board, it could make our lives a lot easier.
How to Setup Shortmail on iPhone?
You can use your Shortmail account on any device. The procedure to perform shortmail setup on iPhone is as follows:
- Open your iPhone and Go to Settings
- Select Passwords & Accounts.
- Now click on the Add Account option.
- Select Other to add your Shortmail email.
- Select Add Mail Account and enter your name, email address, an account password, and description.
- Select IMAP as the account type and then fill up the following details.
- Enter imap.shortmail.com in the Hostname field.
- Now enter your Shortmail email address in Username.
- Enter your account password and move to the next step.
- Once you enter the IMAP settings, move to the Outgoing mail server section and enter the details below:
- Enter smtp.shortmail.com in Hostname.
- In the Username field, enter your Shortmail email.
- Now enter the password of your account in the Password field.
- Hit Next to complete the shortmail mail setup.
- Check whether the Email option is checked or not and then hit Save.
- Your Shortmail account is now added to your iPhone. But before you go on and mail anyone, check whether the email settings are correctly entered. To do so, select your email address and go to Advanced. Check the Shortmail IMAP settings. The SSL option should be set to on and the server port to 993.
- Now go back to the previous screen, and select smtp.shortmail.com under Outgoing server. Make sure the SSL option is on and the Server port is set to 465.
- At last, select Done to finish the setup and restart your iPhone.
The Shortmail setup on iPhone is now completed. Your account is set up and ready to use on your iPhone. Try receiving and sending emails to see if everything is working fine.