Connect your two mails with each other and manage both in one place.
If you use AIM MAIL Mail service for managing your professional and personal mail and use Outlook to keep the schedule, then maintaining both can be a little confusing. Sometimes it also happens that you miss viewing either some of your emails of AIM MAIL and to review your schedules in Outlook mail.
However, if you are not aware of one best feature in Outlook.com is that- with little changes in the mail you can access both AIM MAIL mail as well as Outlook mail in one place. You don’t need to run to both sides, because you access your AIM MAIL mail in Outlook mail. Along with AIM MAIL mails, you will be able to manage your to-do lists, jot down notes, and all the other useful features and tools at one place that is on Outlook.
AIM MAIL provides IMAP access, by using which you can easily access your email accounts in just a few steps. You just need to follow some steps and changes a few settings and you are ready to go.
What are the benefits of adding AIM MAIL mail Outlook? The most common benefit that you already know is that you can easily manage both the mails in one place. Other than this you will also get more benefits, such as – while traveling you can connect your AIM MAIL mail with Outlook so that in less time, you can get the time to review both of your mails. If you have made your travel to-do list in your Outlook mail and operating your office work from AIM MAIL, then configuring AIM MAIL in Outlook, will not only save your time but also allow you to access your to-do list as well as official emails. Through this service neither you will your official mails, nor will you lose your access from the other personal schedule, important date marked on outlook calendar, lists and so on.
There is one more benefit that- adding a new email account in Outlook only takes a few minutes and clicks. Therefore, without wasting much time, let us see how you can configure AIM MAIL in Outlook.com.
But before connecting you should about the connecting protocols. There are two protocols for connecting AIM MAIL with Outlook that is- IMAP and POP.
What are IMAP and POP?
An IMAP customer synchronizes the email on your PC with the substance of your record on the email server, while a POP downloads the inbox.
IMAP duplicates messages from the server as instead of erasing them; when you use IMAP, an email message is possibly expelled from the email server when you decide to erase it. Rather than moving messages from the server to your PC, IMAP synchronizes your PC with the email server.
With a POP account, if you download a message and move it to another folder inside your Mail Client, it is still in your webmail, set apart as new.
If you somehow managed to check your email from three distinct PCs employing IMAP, every one of the three of those PCs, and the email server, would contain the whole of your email.
In the event that you decided to erase a message from one PC, it would likewise be expelled from all the PCs and the email server.
However, most of the experts advise users to use IMAP instead of using POP. IMAP or POP is needed for receiving the mails, whereas SMTP is a protocol that is required for sending the mails.
Add AIM MAIL Email in Outlook
The below steps are for- Outlook 2016 and the same steps will be applicable in both Outlook 2013 and 2010.
- Open Outlook
- Click on File in the Outlook top menu
- In the left pane, ensure that info is selected
- Now click on Add Account
- Enter your AIM MAIL email address and then click Connect
- Now enter your AIM MAIL email password, and select Connect
- Click Done
Finally, your AIM MAIL account is now successfully added to the Outlook mail and you can download the messages in your account.
Manually Configure AIM MAIL Email Account In Outlook 2010 And 2013
You can add the AIM MAIL account manually as well, in outlook 2010 and 2013. The process will require additional steps and that you enter server details. The steps for both Outlook versions- 2010 and 2013 are similar, but still, they have some variation, therefore these changes are mentioned below.
Note: the details here are given for the AIM MAIL’s SSL email server ports, you will need to enter when manually configuring the settings for adding the AIM MAIL account in Outlook.
- For Incoming mail server (IMAP): imap.AIM MAIL.com
- Port: 993
- For Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.AIM MAIL.com
- Port: 465
The outgoing mail server needs authentication.
Now follow the steps to manually configure AIM MAIL email account:
- Click File >> Info in both Outlook 2010 and 2013.
- Then select Add Account.
- Now select the radio button, present next to Manual setupor Additional server type.
- Click the radio button next to POP or IMAP and then click Next.
- Now in the POP and IMAP Account Settings window, adjacent to Account Type choose IMAP from the drop-down menu.
- Now complete all the incomplete fields in the account setting with an appropriate option.
- Enter your name, email address and enter your AIM MAIL email address as well.
- Enter you Name
- Enter your AIM MAIL email address
- Incoming mail server (IMAP): imap.AIM MAIL.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.AIM MAIL.com
- For the Unser Name Field, type your AIM MAIL account name using suffix (@AIM MAIL.com).
- Now enter your AIM MAIL account password.
- Click on More Settings.
- Click on Outgoing Servertab
- Now check the box next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Keep the radio button marked next to the Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Select Advancedtab
- Click on the drop-down menus and select SLL for both IMAP and SMTP settings
- Next to Incoming server (IMAP) field: enter 993
- Next to Outgoing server (SMTP) field: enter 465
- Now click OK
- Back to the Add Account window, click Next.
- This will initiate a test of the account settings you entered.
- If you have entered everything correctly, then both will successfully get completed.
- Finally, select Close.
Here’s your AIM MAIL account mail is added to the Outlook, now you can enjoy the benefits, advance features, and tools of both the mails at one place. Now no more confusion and no more accessing different mails for different works, you can access both mails for different things from a single mail.